Westwood Motorsport Park (or Westwood Racing Circuit) was
a 1.8 miles (2.90 km) 8-turn road racing circuit located in Coquitlam,
British Columbia on the southern slopes of Eagle Mountain (known locally
as Eagle Ridge). The track was built and operated by the Sports Car Club
of British Columbia (SCCBC). Construction of Westwood began in 1957, and
the first race was held on July 26th, 1959, making it the first purpose-built
permanent road course in Canada.
The track, which was located on leased provincial crown land, eventually
fell victim to urban development. The track finally closed in 1990 to make
way for the Westwood Plateau housing development and a pair of golf courses.
Some of the people and photos shown here opened the racetrack
in 1959 and closed it at the "Last Hurrah" September 15, 1990.
These links are the "Copyright photos" and are
by Ted Langton-Adams/Eric Faulks collection, Bob Copithorne collection,
Nick Smythe collection, Aaron Stedman collection, Pete Kellond collection,
Geoff kellond collection, and others.
Click on the track to get there!